Last updated 25 January 2021
Collection of Your Information
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Site includes:
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you voluntarily give to us when you use the Contact Form on the Site, or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Site, such as online chat. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site.
Mobile Device Data
Device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device, if you access the Site from a mobile device.
Use of Your Personal Information
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth and efficient experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Site to:
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site.
- Notify you of updates to the Site.
- Offer new products, services and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities, as needed, for which you have provided your personal data voluntarily or on our request.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of personal information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your personal information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your personal information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Interactions with Other Users
If you interact with other users of the Site, those users may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other users, chatting with other users, liking posts, and following blogs.
When you post comments, contributions or other content to the Site, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information about your visits to the Site and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Other Third Parties
We may share your personal information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Bankruptcy
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
Your Rights in Respect of Your Personal Data
We generally rely on personal information provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal information is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal information. You may write to our Data Protection Officer using the contact details provided below to:
- Correct or update your personal information;
- Reasonably request for access to your personal information. Do note that you may face reasonable charges for our provision of the personal information;
- Request for personal information relating to our use or disclosure of your Personal Data;
- Withdraw your consent and request that we stop processing your personal information for certain purposes;
- Delete any personal information we no longer have legally permissible grounds to use; or
- Make a report about any actual or potential breach of security in relation to your personal information.
We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) calendar days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. Note that for withdrawal of consent, we will generally process your request within 10 working days, and if that is not possible within 30 days.
Do note that we may not be obliged to comply with your requests under certain conditions as prescribed by the applicable law. In such an event, we will notify you accordingly of the basis for not acceding to your request.
Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal information where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Security of Your Personal Information
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
All of our employees who deal with personal information are trained in the proper handling and protection of personal information.
Any data protection breach will be handled in accordance with our internal procedures, a copy of which may be obtained from our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
Where we use data hosting or other cloud service providers whose data centres may not be in Singapore, we will take steps to satisfy ourselves that the service providers take reasonable steps to protect the personal information that they hold to a standard that is acceptable to Singapore’s Privacy and Data Protection Commission (PDPC).
Policy For Children
We do not knowingly solicit personal information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Controls for Do-Not-Track Features
EU General Data Protection Regulation
Where we collect, use or disclose the personal data of residents of the EU, we will also comply with any specific requirement of the GDPR:
- We will not collect sensitive data, such as, race, ethnicity, political, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, or sexual orientation unless
- you give explicit consent
- it is in your vital interests that we collect the data
- is required for legal claims, public health, scientific or historical research purposes, or
- it is required for reasons of substantial public interest.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
VastPotato Pte Ltd
284 River Valley Road
Phone number: +65 6850 5146